Hyperion Asset Management Limited (‘Hyperion’, ‘us’, ‘we’, or ‘our’) understands and appreciates that you, as a visitor to our website, under the domain name www.hyperion.com.au (‘Website’), are concerned about the confidentiality and security of information that Hyperion may collect about you. Hyperion is committed to providing you with a range of investment resources and information on our services within a secure and confidential on-line environment.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
The personal data about you which the Website may collect includes:
- information collected when you register or update an online profile, which may include personal data such as your name and contact details;
- information collected when you submit your resume or application to us for consideration of employment;
- the content of electronic forms you submit via the Website, requesting us to provide services or information, or take actions;
- information submitted if you participate in an online survey or competition; and
- any messages or comments you submit to us via the Website, which may include personal data such as name, email address and telephone number.
In common with many commercial websites we may also collect aggregated information which tells us about visitors to the Website but not the identity of those visitors. For example, we may collect information about the date, time and duration of visits and which pages of the Website are most commonly accessed. This information is used by us to help to administer and improve the Website.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
In addition to providing our products and services to you, any information we collect about you, may be used by Hyperion’s associated entities or any entity carrying out functions on behalf of Hyperion for:
- the purpose of enabling Hyperion to provide products, services or information to you in accordance with your requests or reasonable expectations;
- the purpose of enabling Hyperion to ascertain whether or not it has other services or products which may foreseeably meet your needs, and to notify you about these;
- the purposes of enabling Hyperion to undertake research, planning, product development, risk assessment, risk modelling and marketing; and
- any other purpose required by or to the extent permitted by law.
We will only disclose personal information to third party entities, whether in Australia or any overseas jurisdiction, carrying out functions on behalf of Hyperion on a confidential basis.
You should note that information we collect from you may also be disclosed to third parties if that disclosure is required by or to the extent permitted by law.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
Hyperion uses a number of mechanisms to protect the security and integrity of personal data it collects via the Website.
Your user name and password are encrypted with 1024 bit encryption for privacy during transmission using the SSL protocol. To ensure your browser is compatible, your browser software must have been purchased or upgraded within the last twelve months.
Your account information is password and user ID protected and we recommend you do not divulge your password or user ID to anyone. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Accordingly, although Hyperion strives to protect such information, Hyperion cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or receive from our online products or services and you do so at your own risk.
Once any personal data comes into our possession, we will take reasonable steps to protect that information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. From time to time the Website may contain links to other websites, and Hyperion is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these websites.
A cookie is a small data file placed on your computer by the Hyperion server. A cookie contains information about your visit to the Website. When you visit the Website again, our server will look for the cookie and structure itself based on the information provided. A cookie identifies your computer to our web server when you visit the Website. We do not use the cookie to store personal information about you. Hyperion uses browser cookies to improve the speed and reliability of our security system. It is recommended that you turn off any cookie warnings in your browser before using this Website, otherwise you may not be able to use the full functionality of this Website.
ACCEPTANCE AND CHANGES TO THE PRIVACY STATEMENT
You acknowledge and accept that your use of the Website indicates your acceptance of the Website’s terms and conditions of use and this Privacy Statement. This Privacy Statement may change from time to time, so please check back occasionally. Any information collected after an amended Privacy Statement has been posted on this Website will be subject to that amended Privacy Statement.
ACCESS AND UPDATING OF INFORMATION
You are able to access and update the personal information that we hold about you at any time. To amend personal information that Hyperion holds you should contact the Privacy Officer:
By mail: PO Box R1313
Royal Exchange NSW 1225
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW YOU CAN CONTACT US