- Hyperion Managing Director Tim Samway discusses earnings growth. Hyperion Managing Director Tim Samway discusses why earnings growth will drive share prices and if there is any growth left for the banks.
- Hyperion Managing Director Tim Samway discusses the February 2017 reporting season Tune in to learn more about what this reporting season tells us about the state of the market and the stocks in the Hyperion portfolios, as Managing Director Tim Samway discusses the recent results.
- Livewire Interview: How to avoid the next Slater & Gordon Tim Samway, Managing Director of Hyperion Asset Management, explains how they identify winners and avoid losers when looking at offshore expansions.
- Livewire Interview: How to handle a major sell-off Owners of high-quality, growing business are starting to look a little nervous following the high-profile falls of Aconex, Bellamy’s, Blackmores, and more. Hyperion Asset Management likes to invest in these kinds of quality, growing businesses, so we spoke to Managing Director, Tim Samway, to hear how he’s been handling sell-offs when they come.
- Livewire Interview: There's a real opportunity at the moment Tim Samway, Managing Director at Hyperion Asset Management, says that a focus on macro themes has created a real opportunity in a number of high quality companies.
- Hyperion Managing Director Tim Samway provides a portfolio update and addresses the recent performance of the Hyperion funds. The last 3 months has seen significant market rotation out of higher PE quality stocks, such as Domino's Pizza, REA and Cochlear, into lower PE stocks such as banks and resource stocks. This has created a challenging performance environment for the Hyperion Funds.
- Tim Samway discusses the August 2016 reporting season Tune in to learn more about what this reporting season tells us about the state of the market and the stocks in the Hyperion portfolios, as Managing Director Tim Samway discusses the recent results.
- Tim Samway discusses the February 2016 reporting season Hyperion's Managing Director Tim Samway discusses the February reporting season results, how Hyperion's quality stocks performed and the portfolios future sources of earnings growth.
- Hyperion's Managing Director Tim Samway discusses quality investing. Bronwen Moncrieff from Zenith Investment Partners speaks with Hyperion’s Managing Director Tim Samway to discuss quality investing and the global influence on long term growth.
- Justin Woerner recaps the August 2015 reporting season. Hyperion's Portfolio Manager Justin Woerner discusses the August reporting season results, how quality stocks performed during reporting season and where he thinks the next growth opportunities will be.
- Hyperion's Managing Director Tim Samway discusses how to harness disruption for growth
- An update from Tim Samway, Hyperion Asset Mangement's Managing Director
- Hyperion's Portfolio Manager Joel Gray discusses why earnings growth, not yield, is the key
- Hyperion's Managing Director Tim Samway discusses where and how to access global growth via quality Australian listed companies
- Hyperion's Portfolio Manger Joel Gray shares his findings from an international research trip
- Jason Orthman discusses the August 2014 reporting season. Hyperion's Portfolio Manager Jason Orthman discusses what this reporting season tells us about the state of the market and what this means for the Hyperion portfolios looking forward.
- Peter Switzer interviews Hyperion's Tim Samway on which stocks are delivering the goods Domino’s delivered more than just good pizza this week, with a stellar earnings profit boosting share prices. So what other stocks are shining during earnings season, and which stocks should we be holding? Tim Samway from Hyperion Asset Management tells Peter Switzer exactly how he will be investing moving forward.
- Hyperion's Portfolio Manager Jason Orthman on the current IPO market. Portfolio Manager Jason Orthman explains why caution is key in a hotted-up IPO market.
Access the transcript here: www.hyperion.com.au/video-transcript-in-the-spotlight-jason-orthman-on-ipos
- Joel Gray, discusses how to steer clear of the hype and the noise that can distort the true intrinsic outlook for a stock. The rise and fall of hyper-growth stocks with volatile (or even zero) earnings has done much to enhance the appeal of time honoured, bottom-up fundamental analysis and a strict definition of what constitutes a quality stock.
- Tim Samway and Justin Woerner recap the Feburary 2014 reporting season. Hyperion's Portfolio Manager Justin Woerner and Managing Director Tim Samway discuss the February interim reporting season results, how quality stocks performed during reporting season and where they think the next growth opportunities will be.
- Joel Gray discusses the August 2013 reporting season. Hyperion's Portfolio Manager Joel Gray discusses the August reporting season results, the signs of increasing corporate confidence, and our portfolios' performance through reporting season.
- Tim Samway and Joel Gray discuss whether now is the right time for small/mid caps to outperform? Since the GFC mid and small cap stocks have under-performed their larger cap peers in the Australian equity market. So is now the right time for mid / small caps to out-perform?
- Tim Samway discusses why earnings growth is vital What the February 2013 reporting season has highlighted and why earnings growth is vital for long-term performance.
- Why Hyperion focuses on growth equities Tim Samway, from one of the fastest growing equity managers in Australia, Hyperion Asset Management, joins Switzer TV to discuss the fund's strategy in 2012, Hyperion's outlook for 2013 and why Hyperion is concentrating on growth stories.
- Have investors moved from fear to greed? Recorded at a series of national lunches, Hyperion Asset Management’s Managing Director Tim Samway discusses a number of key indicators that suggest investors have made a fundamental shift towards greed, or perhaps hope...
- Samway talks to Switzer about buying opportunities Tim Samway, Hyperion Asset Management's Managing Director, talks to Peter Switzer about whether a pullback in the stock market offers a good buying opportunity. (24 Oct 2012)
- Benefits of Hyperion Asset Management in a Blended Portfolio Hyperion's Managing Director, Tim Samway, discusses the Hyperion Australian Growth Companies fund in terms of its benefits within a blended portfolio.
- Finding growth in Australian equities In the next installment of Hyperion's webinar series for Financial Advisers, CIO Mark Arnold discusses the effect of the credit cycle on Australian equities.
- The Challenges of Long-Term Investing Hyperion Asset Management takes a Monty Python inspired look at the challenges of being a long-term investor.
At Hyperion, we follow a time-tested, high conviction investment discipline that delivers superior performance over a five year horizon.
This is how we’ve weathered some of the most challenging markets in history while delivering exceptional results to our clients. Our clients are looking for a manager that understands long-term investing and matching their clients’ time horizon with the investment’s optimal time horizon. We are a good fit for institutional fund managers and financial advisers managing assets for retirement, wealth succession and other long-term goals.
Hyperion’s institutional investors include industry funds, insurance offices, investment banks, government, semi-government, large Australian institutions and superannuation funds. We offer discrete Australian equity mandates within the following strategies:
- Australian Equity - Large Cap (closed to new inflows)
- Australian Equity - Broad Cap (closed to new inflows)
- Australian Equity - Small Cap (closed to new inflows)
The Hyperion Small Growth Companies Fund will be hard closed to new and additional applications from 31st May 2016.
The Hyperion funds are designed for wholesale investors and are listed on the following platforms:
- AMG Universal Super
- AMP Flexible Super*
- AMP North*
- AMP PortfolioCare*
- AMP Wealthview*
- Avanteos Ausmaq
- BT Wrap
- CFS – First Wrap
- IOOF - AET*
- Macquarie Wrap
- Navigator – Premium Choice*
- Trust Company*
*Hyperion Australian Growth Companies Fund only