Hyperion Asset Management Limited (Hyperion) understands and appreciates that you, as a Hyperion website visitor, are concerned about the confidentiality and security of information Hyperion may collect about you. Hyperion is committed to providing you with a range of investment resources and information on our services within a secure and confidential on-line environment. Our privacy statement sets out, for your information:
- What information we may collect from you
- How your information may be used or disclosed
- The security of any information you provide
- Cookies - what are they and how are they used in the Site
- Acceptance and Changes to Privacy Statements
- How you may access and correct your information
- How you can contact us
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
The information that we collect about you will depend on the functions that you use within Hyperion. We will not collect any information that identifies you as an individual unless you knowingly provide it to us. Any personal information you supply will be used only in accordance with this Privacy Statement. If you browse on the Site, read or download information, our system will record the date and time of your visit and the pages viewed and information downloaded.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
Any information we collect from you via the Site, may be made available to, or used by, your adviser, any representative of Hyperion or any entity carrying out functions on behalf of Hyperion for:
- the purpose of enabling Hyperion to provide products, services or information to you in accordance with your requests or reasonable expectations;
- the purpose of enabling Hyperion to ascertain whether or not it has other services or products which may foreseeably meet your needs, and to notify you about these;
- the purposes of enabling Hyperion's research, planning, product development, risk assessment, risk modelling and marketing;
- any other purpose required by or to the extent permitted by law.
We will only disclose personal information to third party entities, whether in Australia or any overseas jurisdiction, carrying out functions on behalf of Hyperion on a confidential basis.
You should note that information we collect from you may also be disclosed to third parties if that disclosure is required by or to the extent permitted by law.
We may transfer your information to an overseas recipient but only if:
- The recipient of the information is subject to law, binding scheme that has the effect of protecting the information in a way that, overall, is at least substantially similar to the Australian Privacy Principles;
- You consent to the transfer;
- The transfer is required or authorised by law;
- The transfer is in a general permitted situation; or
- The transfer is for an enforcement related activity.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
Hyperion takes reasonable steps to preserve the security of personal information it collects via the Site. Your user name and password are encrypted with 1024 bit encryption for privacy during transmission using the SSL protocol. To ensure your browser is compatible, your browser software must have been purchased or upgraded within the last twelve months.
Your account information is password and user ID protected and we recommend you do not divulge your password or user ID to anyone. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Accordingly, although Hyperion strives to protect such information, Hyperion cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or receive from our online products or services and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we take reasonable steps to preserve the security of information on our own system. From time to time the Site may contain links to other web-sites, and Hyperion is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these web sites.
A cookie is a small data file placed on your computer by the Hyperion server. A cookie contains information about your visit to the Site. When you visit the Site again, our server will look for the cookie and structure itself based on the information provided. A cookie identifies your computer to our web server when you visit the Site. We do not use the cookie to store personal information about you. Hyperion uses browser cookies to improve the speed and reliability of our security system. It is recommended that you turn off any cookie warnings in your browser before using this Site, otherwise you may not be able to use the full functionality of this Site.
ACCEPTANCE AND CHANGES TO PRIVACY STATEMENT
You acknowledge and accept that your use of the Site indicates your acceptance of the Site terms and conditions of use and this Privacy Statement. This Privacy Statement may change from time to time, so please check back occasionally. Any information collected after an amended Privacy Statement has been posted on this Site will be subject to that amended Privacy Statement.
HOW YOU CAN CONTACT US
Please contact our Privacy Officer using the details set out below if you wish to:
- ask any questions or provide feedback about this Privacy Statement;
- make a request for access to any personal data that we may hold about you;
- make a request to update your personal data; or
- make a complaint about the way in which we have handled your personal data.
Hyperion Asset Management Limited:
PO Box R1313
Royal Exchange NSW 1225
By email: email@example.com